Student Union Phase I & Phase II
Construction of a 225,550 gsf building includes a Movie theater/auditorium, Student Organization Offices, Food Vendor, Ala carte dining, Book Store, Utility rooms, loading docks and service areas, Bank, Multipurpose rooms and lounge space, Food Shop and Convenience Store, Billiards Room, Bowling Alley, Food Court, Board of Trustees Room, Computer lab and Coffee house.
This building won the 2006 Award of Excellence from National Commercial Builders Council.
- Construction Start Date: Phase I - July 2001 / Phase II - March 2003
- Construction Complete Date: Phase I - December 2002 / Phase II - August 2004
- Professional Design Services: WTW Architects, Cleveland, Ohio
- Construction Management: The Ruhlin/Kenmore Joint Venture, Akron, Ohio
- Total Budget: $ 45,363,451 (local funds)