The University of Akron Engineering Research Center
The new Engineering Building is three stories at 48,715 gross square feet & is situated between The Gas Turbine Testing Facility and the Buckingham Building. The facility will house various College of Engineering and private industry research initiatives with an emphasis on corrosion engineering. The primary design feature is standardized lab modules to provide flexibility for various research programs.
- Construction Start Date: April 2011
- Construction Complete Date: February 2013
- Professional Design Services: DLZ Ohio, Inc., Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Construction Management: The Ruhlin Company, Akron, Ohio
- Total Budget: $13,419,640 (state and local funds)