For Employees: Accessing University Records

Archives and Special Collections manages and maintains both archival (i.e. permanent or historical) and temporary university records. University employees may access the university’s historical records by contacting Archives and Special Collections by phone at 330-972-7670 or by email at University archival materials are non-circulating and must be used in the archives.

UA employees may request the return of their office’s temporary records by submitting a records request. They can also transfer records to archives for permanent or temporary retention in accordance with the UA Records Retention Schedule by completing a Records Transfer Form and following the established guidelines for transferring university records to the archives.

Records Management of Archives and Special Collections also provides training to campus offices and can help determine records disposition. Employees who have questions regarding the management of university records should contact the University Records Manager at 330-972-8182 or