Minor in French
A French Minor requires 18 credits, including 12 credits beyond the second year.
- Your two semesters of intermediate French, Fr 201 and Fr 202, can give you six of the 18 credits; you need only 12 more credits at the 300 and/or 400 level.
- The next courses after 202 are three credits each, so you will need four more courses to fulfill the requirement. This can normally be done in three semesters.
- The university allows as many as 6 “bypassed credits” to count toward the Minor.
- If you tested out of one or two semesters of intermediate French, the bypassed credits you received will count toward the Minor.
- All courses must be taken for a grade; CR/NCR cannot be used.
Related: Add a major/second major form