Majors and Minors
The Department of Modern Languages offers majors and minors in French and Spanish as well as language study in Arabic, Chinese, German, Italian and Latin.
- French major / minor
- Spanish major / minor / Certificate for Health Professions
- Arabic minor
- Chinese minor * Please note that the Chinese minor has been suspended until further notice. Therefore no new students are being accepted starting Fall 2015.
Majors in French and Spanish must also take an Oral Proficiency Interview in their last semester. Information can be found here.
Form needed for Service Learning in Spanish.
Departmental Policies regarding transfer credit, minimum grades, the OPI, etc. are found here.
For students looking to add a second major or minor within the Modern Languages department, please download this form and see the section coordinator for the language classes you wish to enroll in.
For students looking to change their major to Spanish or French, please download this form and see the section coordinator for the language classes you wish to enroll in.
The Department offers summer study abroad in France and Spain.
- Summer Program in Le Mans, France. See student's slide show about her experience. Contact Dr. Adamowicz for more information.
- Summer Program in Valladolid, Spain. Click here for more information about the Spain DISSTA program.
- Enjoy this video on Studying Abroad, made by students Sarah Kent and Elias Nine!
Semester and year-long study abroad is available through the
Office of International Programs
The department has chapters of two national honor socieites:
- PI DELTA PHI, the national French Honor Society
- SIGMA DELTA PI, the national Spanish Honor Society
For more information, please contact the department.