Join our Team
Each year the Office of New Student Orientation interviews some of UA’s best and selects a group of enthusiastic, dedicated, and independent undergraduate student leaders to serve as Orientation Leaders in the spring and summer.
Orientation Leaders are the first faces of The University of Akron, serving as representatives of the UA student body, group facilitators, and role models. Orientation Leaders help incoming students and their families’ feel good about the choice they’ve made in UA and help them transition into their new roles. Orientation Leaders will take away new skills and experiences that will open doors and aid them in future careers and opportunities. Plus, it’s always a summer full of fun and memories! Our team of Orientation Leaders soon becomes a family!
Check us out on Facebook under UA Orientation Leaders to hear from some of our past Leaders about the experience.
- Full time undergraduate University of Akron student
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Possess excitement and pride for UA and a strong interest and desire to help new students and their families make a positive transition to UA
- Exhibit leadership potential and strong customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of team members and diverse populations of students and families
- Agree to abide by the professional and ethical standards of conduct set by the Office of New Student Orientation and in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct
- Be willing to work long hours and volunteer many hours of time to better the orientation programs as a whole
- Full commitment to the orientation programs, beginning in March and ending at the end of summer
- Must be seen as approachable, relatable, and able to serve as a role model to incoming students
Each year, we hire one graduate assistant who is pursuing a degree in Higher Education, Communications, Business, or Public Administration.