In order to assign the appropriate membership category, we will contact necessary offices to verify your current status with The University of Akron. A valid photo ID is required for all memberships.
Membership category definitions
- Assessed Student: A current UA student who pays the appropriate facility fee per semester.
- Secondary Student: Any individual 18 years of age or older in good standing with The University of Akron.
- Not Enrolled Student: A student that is currently not enrolled in classes the current semester, but took classes the previous semester. Not eligible for secondary memberships.
- Not Assessed Student: A current UA student that is not assessed a facility fee as part of their tuition. Examples include Co-op, Online Classes and Wayne Campus students.
- Visiting Student: Student of another university - must present school ID or verification of school enrollment.
- Retiree: Must be retired faculty/staff member of The University of Akron.
- Alumni: Graduated from The University of Akron with a degree. Certification holder does not qualify as an alumni.
- Affiliate: Employees of an organization that has an existing relationship with The University of Akron (i.e. Barnes and Noble).
- Community: Any individual that does not meet the requirements for the categories listed above.
If you are placed in the wrong membership category, you will be given the option of accepting the new and appropriate rate for your membership category or refund for fees paid for the membership.