UA's annual end-of-semester celebration returns on Friday, May 1 at 4 p.m., with fireworks at 9:30 p.m. on Coleman Common.
This FREE event is a fun way for current students, faculty and staff, and up to three guests with a valid Zip Card, to say goodbye to the academic year.
Many of your favorite games and attractions are returning, including the Zipline and the kangaroo petting zoo! Ride the mechanical bull or challenge your friends to a game of laser tag. Grab some Swensons or try out some traditional carnival food from our food truck vendors. See you there!FacebookTwitterInstagram
Tentative Schedule of Events
4 p.m. - SpringFest Starts
4 p.m. - Welcome by Emcee Willy Kollman & Introduction of WZIP DJ
4-6:30 p.m. - WZIP DJ Music
6:30 p.m. - Akron Idol Contest
7:30 p.m. - Final of Ultimate SpringFest Challenge (on stage)
8 p.m. - End of Games and Attractions
8:15 p.m. - Hoodie Allen performs (approx.)
9 p.m. - Food Trucks stop serving
9:30 p.m. - (approx) Fireworks to Music (10 minutes)
9:45 p.m. - SpringFest Ends
Get the Shirt
Actual color and design
...and it's not Meghan Trainor
Who doesn't love free stuff?! Be sure to check out the air brush hat station, sand art and Henna tattoo artist, while supplies last!
Free food includes popcorn and cotton candy, while supplies last!
Games & attractions
Coleman Common will be packed with more than a dozen inflatables and attractions including:
- A Zipline
- Petting Zoo with kangaroos
- Mechanical bull
- Lazer tag maze
- Velcro wall
- Big Red Chair and take-away photo
- Defender Dome
- And so much more!
- Carnival food including funnel cake and french fries
- UA's Dining Services with:
- Bratwurst, polish sausage, large hot dogs
- drinks and chips
- veggie burger; veggie baked beans, coleslaw
- italian ice
Now in its sixth year, SpringFest is UA's annual end-of-semester celebration featuring games and attractions, free items, musical entertainment and much more. The event is open to UA students, faculty and staff and up to three guests with a valid Zip Card.
Questions about SpringFest
Contact David Vale, assistant director of campus programs, Department of Student Life at 330-972-6568 or email@example.com.
- Undergraduate Student Government
- Zips Programming Network
- Auxiliary Enterprises including Dining Services, Parking and Transportation Services, and Printing Services
- Division of Student Success
Thanks for volunteering! Take a look at the opportunities available and pick what fits your schedule. As a thank you, volunteers will get a free SpringFest 2015 t-shirt!
Simply review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like. You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot. Your email address will not be shared.
We are just over a week away from SpringFest 2015! Even if you are not planning to attend this year’s event, please review this year’s parking restrictions, as it may affect your regular commute.
Here's what you need to know about parking restrictions:
- The entry to the ground level of the South Campus Parking Deck (Lot 36) will close Sunday, April 26, at midnight in preparation for SpringFest on Friday, May 1. Vehicles may exit this area throughout the week but reentry will not be permitted.
- The Carroll Street circles at the Student Union (Lot 18) and the Rhodes Arena (lot 57) will be closed the entirety of Friday, May 1, for SpringFest. Roo Express shuttle buses and delivery vehicles will maintain access. All vehicles must vacate the posted areas by midnight Thursday, April 30, or face towing at owners' expense.
- The rooftop (including ramps) of the South Campus Parking Deck (Lot 36) as well as the entire Exchange Street Parking Deck (Lot 39), including the surface parking and pedestrian bridges, will also be closed the entire day for the fireworks show that evening. The access road running betwee the Schrank Parking Deck and Exchange Street Parking Deck will also be closed the entire day. All vehicles must vacate the posted areas by midnight Thursday, April 30, or face towing at owners' expense.
- Alternate accessibility parking will be available in the Schrank Parking Deck (Lot 37) until 6 p.m. for the start of the fireworks show. After 6 p.m., all vehicles should be removed from the Schrank Parking Deck.
- In preparation for the fireworks show, at about 8:30 p.m., access to Carroll Street east of Buckeye Street, the Schrank Parking Deck (Lot 37), and the Exchange Street Parking Deck (Lot 39) will be completely restricted (including access for pedestrians). This closure will last for the duration of the fireworks, until about 10:30 p.m. This extra time is to clear away debris and safely dispose of any fireworks that were not set off.
For those attending SpringFest, we encourage you to park in the North Campus Parking Deck (Lot 26), East Campus Parking Deck (Lot 1), or South Campus Parking Deck (except rooftop or ground level). Keep in mind that you will not be able to gain access to any of the areas that are closed or restricted for the fireworks show, even by foot, until about 10:30 p.m., so you may need to use an alternate route when walking back to your car at the conclusion of the event.