The Sport Science Academy 2022
We are happy to announce we are offering The University of Akron Sport Science Academy in June 2022.
- 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. daily, drop-off begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Before and after care available for an additional fee
- No lunch included, campers need to pack their own lunch
Youth Sport Camp (ages 5-12)
Designed to teach sport skill development in youth ages 5-12. Cooperative teachers and coaches provide a positive learning environment in which participants will enjoy learning basic sport skills and rules. Positive coaching will promote learning sport skills in a small group environment. Participants will be provided with feedback that will encourage individual sport skill development. All camp activities and programs have a focus on developing a healthy lifestyle in a positive sport and recreational environment.
- When: June 13 - 17
- Cost: $150.00
Participants will enjoy learning basic sport skills and rules along with other lifetime physical activities. This is Physical Education all day. All camp activities have a focus on developing a healthy lifestyle in a positive sport and recreational environment.
» Daily Activities Include:
- Instructional sport sessions in baseball, softball, track/field, soccer, football, basketball, tennis, volleyball, golf, sport conditioning, and many more sports/games/activities
- Aquatic games/free swimming at UA Student Recreation Center pool
- Guest speakers in sport, health, and wellness
- Indoor and outdoor cooperative games all with motor skill and physical activity focus
- General health, wellness and nutrition sessions
- Camp motto: "Act Like a Champion Today" Character Word of the Day
STEM Sport Camp (ages 8-13)
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) education has quickly become the new standard for teaching, but is there STEM in Sport? The answer is YES! Using Sport as a vehicle to teach STEM concepts is a fun and innovative method of learning for students ages 8-15.
What is the best angle to throw an object? Why is a basketball made of rubber? Why does the spin on a ball make a difference? Why should we step into a bounce pass in basketball? These and many other questions will be answered in the 4 -Day SPORT STEM Day Camp. Using sport and physical activity to teach STEM concepts in an innovative and engaging environment. Sign-up for this 4-day STEM through Sports day camp and see sport from a different perspective.
- When: June 21 - 23
- Cost: $100
Junior Counselor Leadership Program (ages 13-18)
The Junior Leadership Program is designed for youth who are interested in learning about leadership fundamentals while working with children in the sport and recreation environment. Interested youth are invited to experience the fun, stress, and rewards of camp as they assist counselors and directors. Junior Counselors are expected to participate in the overall planning and implementation of weekly activities, as well as participate in weekly sport science academy service, supervision, and leadership activities.
- When: June 13 - 17 or June 20-23
- Cost: REGISTRATION IS FULL