*** Akron Polymer Training Services now offers remote learning training courses featuring live instructors. For more information, visit our Online Course Requirements webpage. ***
Project Zips Tutoring Crew
Do you have a drive to help students learn?
Do you want to help catch students up from COVID gaps?
Project Zips Tutoring Crew is hiring math tutors to work with 4th and 5th graders from iPromise School and other Akron Public Schools.
- Earn $16 an hour and up to $1000 a semester.
- Must be available three times a week and have transportation.
- Nine hours of paid training is included.
- Tutors are compensated for travel expenses and preparation time.
For more information, contact Ava Pavkov at email@example.com.
To register as a tutor, please complete this form: Project Zips Math Tutoring Crew
About Project Zips Tutoring Crew
The LeBron James Family Foundation School of Education’s Urban STEM Center is looking for 30 undergraduate students, preferably pre-service teachers in the School of Education to become part of the Zips Tutoring Crew as math tutors during the Fall 2022 semester.
- Tutors will work with two students within an Akron Public elementary school tutoring in one-hour sessions, three times a week for twelve weeks.
- Tutors will also participate in mandatory training which will occur in the first few weeks of the semester (a morning and afternoon option) and other days during the semester.
- Tutors will be compensated for travel, prep time, and training up to 4 ½ hours per week and up to $1000 a semester and will have the opportunity to continue working as a Zips Tutoring Crew tutor during Spring 2022 and 2023 semesters as well.
- Tutors and students will be paired, such that tutors are meeting with the same students each week.
- Tutors must complete a provided log kept up to date with the student's progress. This log will be accessible to the student's teachers and project coordinators.
This is a position funded by a grant from the Ohio Department of Education.