Donald A. and Laura Jane Keister Memorial Essay Prize in Literature
This prize honors the memory of Donald A. Keister, a former chair of the Department of English and former dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. The essay prize will be awarded each April for an outstanding essay in literary studies written by a graduate student and chosen by a committee of English graduate literature faculty selected by the Chair of the department.
TBD, but historically around $100.
Who can enter:
Currently enrolled UA graduate students who have written an essay in literary studies for a course in the Department of English.
- Submit a copy of an essay in literary studies written in the last year.
- Include a cover page with your name, student ID number, UA email address, as well as the instructor’s name, class name, and the semester in which the essay was originally submitted to the class.
- Essay length: 10-page minimum.
- All submissions must be double-spaced in 12-point font, and conform to MLA style.
- Only one submission per person.
- No submission may be submitted for another Department of English prize or scholarship.
- The committee's decision will be final.
- Save the title of your document in "LAST NAME-Award Title" format (for example: SMITH-Keister Prize).
- Please upload your document in PDF format.
- The submission link will be available in February 2024.