The Marian H. Smith Short Story Prize
The Marian H. Smith Short Story Prize was established by Dr. Thomas Dukes in honor of a beloved aunt. This prize is open to any undergraduate or graduate student at The University of Akron. It is awarded to the best short story as determined by a committee composed of faculty from the Department of English.
Who can enter:
- Currently enrolled UA undergraduate and graduate students who have authored a short story.
- Students may submit one short story between 500 and 5,000 words. Flash fiction is welcome.
- Please include your name, email address, and student ID number in the document.
- Submission must be double-spaced in 12-point font, preferably Times New Roman.
- The committee’s decision will be final.
- Save the title of your document in “LAST NAME-Award Title” format (for example, JOHNSON-Smith Short Story Prize).
- Upload your document in PDF form.
- Access to the submission form will re-open in the Spring 2023 semester.