IT Help Desk
The University of Akron will never e-mail you and ask you to disclose or verify your UA password. If you receive a suspicious e-mail with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link--instead, report the e-mail to The University of Akron for investigation.
Here are some tips to avoid a phishing attempt; in addition you can see if it is a reported attempt by visiting https://phishbowl.uakron.edu
Tips to avoid Phishing attempts...
- Be wary of emails asking for confidential information
- Don't get pressured into providing sensitive information
- Watch out for generic-looking requests for information
- Never submit confidential information via forms embedded within email messages.
- Never use links in an email to connect to a website unless you are absolutely sure they are authentic.
- Keep your computer and browser patched and updated.
- For additional information about phishing please visit the Support Wiki by clicking here.
If you do not remember your password you can answer your challenge questions by clicking on the forgot password link on the UA Services page or if you have not setup your questions you can call the IT Help Desk at 330-972-6888 to change it. We can not change your password via email or chat session.
- Forgot Password Direct Link: https://auth.uakron.edu/zid/app/password/recover_passwd.cgi
- If you have forgotten your password and need additional help please visit the Support Wiki: https://support.uakron.edu/wiki/index.php/Forgotten_Password_Recovery
You have a couple different options to get Microsoft Office, that range from free to $60. Deciding which option is best for you depends on how close you are to graduation. See this page to help you decide which option is best for you.
If you're ready to install Office 365, you can visit a guide on how to do that by clicking here.
We are currently in the process of a wireless upgrade; you will want to configure both wireless networks. The two wireless networks you will want to connect to are Rootown and Roo-Secure (our new wireless network) your UAnet ID and Password will be required. If you are a returning student to the resident halls you will want to remove the UARH wireless profile that you had last year. For more information you can visit our wiki to get instructions, http://support.uakron.edu/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Setup.
If the department is changing an employee's supervisor, please complete the Supervisor Change form. If you need an employee, who no longer is employed by the university, removed from your Time Sheet Approval list, you will need to complete the Change / Termination Form for student employees or Separation PAF for non student employees.
For all other request please open a ticket with the IT Help Desk.
With recent upgrades to the wireless network, gaming and media devices that do not support WPA2 Enterprise, can be connected to the Roo-Guest wireless network. To do this you will need to register your device for it to get connected. For instructions please follow the link to the knowledge base article for Gaming and Media Devices.
Hours of Operation Fall/Spring Semester
|Day||Walk in and Phone Service Hours|
|Monday||7 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Closed|
|Sunday||Noon - 9:00 p.m.||Closed|
*Times may vary based on Library Hours