The Institute relies on patron support.
The Institute for Human Science and Culture is part of the Drs. Nicholas and Dorothy Cummings Center for the History of Psychology is a non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization that relies on donor support to explore our shared humanity through the collection, preservation, and interpretation of history and culture. The Cummings Center, including the Institute, is supported primarily through gifts from visitors, foundations, and other donors. We rely on your donations, large and small, to help us share history and culture with the Northeast Ohio community.
Introducing our new Friends of the Center membership program! You can support the Institute and receive annual benefits like free admission to the Institute galleries and the National Museum of Psychology, discounts at our Museum Store, and virtual members-only events. You can even upgrade your membership to include added benefits through Smithsonian and the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association.
Click the button below to learn more.
"The faculty and staff at the Institute for Human Science and Culture have enhanced my own teaching and scholarship through their wealth of knowledge and generosity in sharing resources with the wider campus community. It's one of my favorite places on campus to explore because it stimulates my curiosity and desire for discovery!"
Lara D. Roketenetz, Ph.D.
Field Station Director
The University of Akron Field Station
Donate to the Institute
- Inventory, photograph, research, and preserve collections of objects of diverse materials, ages, and cultural representations;
- Employ our small but essential staff of professionals;
- Employ student assistants, support student internships, and host graduate assistantships;
- Purchase supplies that support fully hands-on education for UA students;
- Create and host original public exhibitions, including an annual North American First Peoples Day Featured Contemporary Artist;
- Provide public programming and digital resources, including Akron Postcard Club and our annual lecture.
Your gift helps the Institute to continue to support campus and community year-round. Donations allow us to:
Donate by clicking the Donate Today button below and designating your gift to the Institute for Human Science and Culture.