Shared Email Accounts
A shared email account is a generic email mailbox with a unique email address that can be shared amongst a group of users. The email address is not associated with a dedicated user account but can be “shared” to a group of identified users who can use their own credentials to open up the shared mailbox.
Shared mailboxes are used when multiple people need access to the same mailbox, such as ones providing departmental information and communications or to support a process or function that might be shared by multiple people. Users with permissions to the group mailbox can send as or send on behalf of the mailbox email address.
- Single Point of Contact
- Transparency among the group
- Redundancy in access and response to an email
- Business continuity for general correspondence
- Active UAnet ID
- Active Microsoft license
- Dedicated email box (requires access through Microsoft Outlook)
- For details on requesting a Shared Mail Box please visit the Wiki Article in our service desk.
- Microsoft Teams group with email account.
- For details on setting up a Teams email please visit the Wiki article in our service desk.
- Faculty, Staff, and University organizations / Departments