WebEx is a cloud-based collaboration system provided by Cisco Systems that provides a great way for people to work together in different buildings, in another city, or across the world. WebEx technology allows you to meet, collaborate, present, and share content — all on the web. Meet face-to-face with HD video conferencing. Share your entire desktop (or specific documents or apps) with everyone in the meeting. Participants can also give "remote control" to others for demonstration or support purposes.
Our WebEx offering has four primary types of collaboration:
- Meeting Center – Meeting Center is the traditional collaborative meeting solution for up to 25 people. It provides the ability to present information, share applications–even record meetings–with people around the globe.
- Training Center – Training Center is designed for classroom use and is an excellent tool for delivering engaging, effective, and interactive online classes. Training Center provides the ability to share applications or desktops and voice and video, but it also provides the ability for participants to raise their hand to ask a question, participate in polls, and to breakout into smaller groups.
- Event Center – Event Center is designed for very large group events (+500 users) and is intended to primarily provide unidirectional (Presenter to participants) voice, video, and data presentations.
- Support Center – Support Center is designed to provide virtual support on technology issues. Using Support Center, a WebEx presenter can take control of a remote participant’s machine.
- UANet ID and Password
- For faculty and staff, send an email to email@example.com to request a WebEx host account
- Faculty and Staff