Welcome to the National Polymer Innovation Center (NPIC)
The National Polymer Innovation Center (NPIC) is a facility at the leading edge of polymer advanced manufacturing specializing in functional multilayer film processing and advanced materials development for applications in electronics, coatings, membranes, optical, biomedical, and specialty products. Supporting industry, national laboratories and the College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron, NPIC features pilot scale roll-to-roll film manufacturing lines that produce films with a wide range of functionalities including development of novel solutions to industry challenges in nanocomposites, membranes, biomaterials, coatings, and adhesives. Capabilities also include a range of metrology tools to characterize functionality of these films in end use conditions as well as analysis for industry requests. NPIC serves as a hub for faculty members, graduate students, and research partners from industry and national laboratories working cooperatively to provide solutions to emerging challenges in the areas of health, energy, and sustainability.
- Polymer Engineering alumna to be part of Boeing Technical Fellowship
- Bounce, University of Akron are proving to be productive partners
- December Safety Focus: Mercury Thermometer Exchange Program
- PPG Research Team Fellowship offers a wealth of knowledge and experience for undergraduate student
- Polymers take on new importance for Ohio’s economy and educators