Welcome to the National Polymer Innovation Center (NPIC)
The National Polymer Innovation Center (NPIC) is a facility at the leading edge of polymer advanced manufacturing specializing in functional multilayer film processing and advanced materials development for applications in electronics, coatings, membranes, optical, biomedical, and specialty products. Supporting industry, national laboratories and the College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron, NPIC features pilot scale roll-to-roll film manufacturing lines that produce films with a wide range of functionalities including development of novel solutions to industry challenges in nanocomposites, membranes, biomaterials, coatings, and adhesives. Capabilities also include a range of metrology tools to characterize functionality of these films in end use conditions as well as analysis for industry requests. NPIC serves as a hub for faculty members, graduate students, and research partners from industry and national laboratories working cooperatively to provide solutions to emerging challenges in the areas of health, energy, and sustainability.
- Snake-like locomotion has many applications for robots [Video]
- Agreement with Le Mans Université yields new opportunities for students and faculty
- Tubing die gifted to UA’s Akron Polymer Technology Services
- Sonal Bhadauriya receives SPE Polymer Modifiers and Additives Division (PMAD) award
- CPSPE Welcomes NPIC Microscopy Instrumentation Scientist