Same expert faculty as in-person classes
What can I do with this degree?
This online degree prepares you for employment and career advancement — or a seamless transition into UA’s bachelor’s degree programs in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
The program can be tailored to fit your career goals and interests, preparing you for entry-level positions in many science-related businesses and industries.
What will I learn?
While the program emphasizes mathematics and science, you will also:
- study English, history and social studies;
- learn to think critically and creatively; and
- develop fundamental skills in analysis, research, composition and reading comprehension.
- Targeted Excellence Scholarship — Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to students in targeted groups, including but not limited to students affiliated with an area community agency, foster care students who have timed out of the system, first-generation students and other adults.
- Charlie Salem Scholarship — Established in honor of the late Charlie Salem, one of UA’s most beloved faculty members, this scholarship provides annual support to one distinguished student designated the Charles T. Salem Scholar.
- See additional scholarship opportunities.
Classes that fit your busy life
If you are looking for a degree that fits in your schedule, then the Associate of Science is for you. Many courses are offered in eight-week sessions and available fall, spring and summer semesters.
The degree can be completed in as few as two years when attending full time.