About the program
UA has partnered with the University of Cincinnati to offer a collaborative, fully online graduate program that leads to a master’s degree in speech-language pathology.
This program will prepare you, through professional education and clinical training, to diagnose and treat various communication disorders in diverse settings.
Clinical placements are arranged in or near your hometown.
Note: This program begins in the spring semester (January) and must be completed in two years and eight months.
What will I learn?
- The foundations, theories and applications of speech-language pathology
- How to prevent, diagnose and treat speech-language disorders
- Research principles and their integration into evidence-based practice
- Ethical standards and conduct required in the field
- 100% pass rate for graduates on the Praxis national exam
- 100% job placement rate for graduates (when actively seeking employment)
- #5 rank among "most affordable online speech-pathology master's degrees" ("Online U," 2020)
- #7 rank among "best speech-pathology online master's programs" ("Guide to Online Schools," 2020)
Admission is competitive. Requirements are listed below.
- Bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology, or completion of postbaccalaureate course sequence in speech-language pathology
- 3.00 minimum GPA
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from in-field instructor)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores from within five years of the first day of the master's program
- Quantitative and verbal scores at or above 10th percentile
- Analytical writing score of 3.5 or above
See more details about admission requirements and prerequisites.