2020 Best Speech-Pathology Online Master's Programs: No. 7
2020 Most Affordable Online Speech-Pathology Master's Degrees: No. 5
Same expert faculty as in-person classes
About the program
UA has partnered with the University of Cincinnati to offer a collaborative, fully online graduate program that leads to a master’s degree in speech-language pathology.
This program will prepare you, through professional education and clinical training, to diagnose and treat various communication disorders in diverse settings.
Clinical placements are arranged in or near your hometown.
Note: This program begins in the spring semester (January) and must be completed in two years and eight months.
What will I learn?
- The foundations, theories and applications of speech-language pathology
- How to prevent, diagnose and treat speech-language disorders
- Research principles and their integration into evidence-based practice
- Ethical standards and conduct required in the field
- 100% pass rate for graduates on the Praxis national exam
- 100% job placement rate for graduates (when actively seeking employment)
- #5 rank among "most affordable online speech-pathology master's degrees" ("Online U," 2020)
- #7 rank among "best speech-pathology online master's programs" ("Guide to Online Schools," 2020)
Admission is competitive. Requirements are listed below.
- Bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology, or completion of postbaccalaureate course sequence in speech-language pathology
- 3.00 minimum GPA
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from in-field instructor)
- Statement of purpose
- The GRE is temporarily waived for this admissions cycle
See more details about admission requirements and prerequisites.
- Request information.
- Learn more about UAkron Online.
- If you have questions about the program, contact Caitlin Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-972-4667.
- If you have questions about the admissions process, write to email@example.com or call 330-972-6658.