Gary L. Miller, Ph.D., took office as the 18th president of The University of Akron on October 1, 2019. He previously served as chancellor at the University of Wisconsin – Green Bay.
“Dr. Miller has an outstanding record as an effective higher education leader and consensus builder,” said Joseph M. Gingo, chair of The University of Akron Board of Trustees. “He brings two decades of senior-level higher education leadership, and has first-hand experience as a member of the teaching faculty and as a researcher."
The University of Akron will be a leading public research university with an unsurpassed commitment to community engagement with a great American legacy city, Akron. We will:
- Be an opportunity university for all types of learners.
- Be known as a willing and constructive partner for business, government and the non-profit sector.
- Be an institution of innovation willing to invest in unique approaches that increase opportunity for students and reduce costs.
- Be a diverse, equitable and inclusive university.
- Sponsor an array of superb academic programs relevant to the future.
- Make and keep promises to our students, ourselves and this community.
See all messages and multimedia related to the collaborative work to Redesign UA.