Classes may be attended on a drop-in basis, and there is no cost when you bring your Zip Card or membership ID.
Please note that the Group Exercise schedule is subject to change, and classes may be cancelled due to low participation. Studios are located on the same level as the front desk of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
Spring 2019 Schedule begins January 14, 2019
Yoga Foundations Specialty Certification
Saturday, April 27, 2019, 8am - 6pm
Sunday, April 28, 2019, 8am - 6pm
This intensive, two-day Yoga Basics workshop provides hands-on experience in teaching beginner yoga formats through a breakdown of 20 poses focused on alignment, safety, variations and breathing techniques. The class will also include:
- The basics of class formatting
- Yoga history through exploration of the 8 limbs
- Anatomy and physiology of the nervous and respiratory systems
- Ways to encourage and motivate your participants through verbal refinements and inclusive cuing
- Two sample beginning yoga classes
- Time to practice teaching under the supervision of an experience yoga instructor
Workshop fee: $399 (or $349 if registered before March 28, 2019).
To register call 800-237-6242 or visit www.netafit.org.