Residence Hall Handbook
MISSION AND VALUES
The Department of Residence Life and Housing seeks to create a living-learning environment for UA students that is the foundation of student success.
- Community Development: Build relationships among residents and housing staff through programming that meets the developmental needs of students.
- Leadership Development: Provide experiential opportunities for residents to build the necessary skills to become campus and community leaders.
- Engagement Opportunities: Encourage residents to become involved in the co-curricular experience.
- Individualized Support: Serve the residential community with superior one-on-one customer service.
The Department of Residence Life and Housing is committed to creating and maintaining safe communities that support individuals with dignity and respect.
We must find, create, and explore our potential through new opportunities and commit to understanding the rich diversity that exists among us. We cannot afford to undermine or discredit our progress with the impact of unkind behaviors and actions.
- Celebrate: We acknowledge our uniqueness and commonalities by embracing each other’s backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences.
- Champion: We support individuals in need and advocate for self-worth and human dignity.
- Challenge: We contest ideas and beliefs that isolate others, ignore needs, or discredit individuals based on assumptions or thoughtlessness.
Share your beliefs, values, and ideas. Shape your understanding of diversity. Find your place in our community. Join us to celebrate, champion and challenge ourselves and others in creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people.
Residence Life and Housing Education and Employment Opportunity Statement
The Department of Residence Life and Housing does not discriminate in the provision of programs and services because of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or status as a veteran; does not tolerate sexual harassment of any form in its programs and activities; and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation in employment and admissions. Our services, activities, student referrals, administration of housing assignments, student conduct proceedings, the execution of our jobs, and all other department initiatives are extended to our students and executed by our staff consistently and without favor or disfavor.