*** In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, APTS Training has transitioned to a remote workforce. The decision aligns with our goal to lower the number of interactions on campus, slow the rate of transmission, and protect our community.
While all classes scheduled in March and April have been canceled, we are currently accepting registrations for courses scheduled after May 01, 2020. We will monitor the situation and may have additional cancelations.
Staff will be monitoring emails and voicemails. Our clients and instructors are very important to us, so please feel free to contact us. ***
Intrusion Molding and its Recycled Plastics Applications - 1 Day Course
Course Number: AP3560
Date: 10/09/2020 - 10/09/2020
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Akron Polymer Training Center, Akron, OH 44325-5404, U.S.A.
Cost: $1,200.00 USD
Instructor: Mr. Christopher Paige
This one-day course will cover the Intrusion Molding Process, recycled plastics applied applications and trouble-shooting problems that can occur with these types of processing equipment. There will be video demonstrations on the operations of Intrusion Molding.
Christopher (Chris) Paige holds a M. S. Degree in Plastics Engineering - 2005 (University of Massachusetts – Lowell) and a M.S. Degree in Polymer Chemistry – 1991 (University of Cincinnati). He is a member of Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), American Chemical Society (ACS) and America Society of Materials (ASM) and has over 30 years’ experience, working in Industry. As a Laboratory Manager, at the University of Akron, Chris performed numerous hands-on plastics processing projects, for domestic and International corporate clients. He is a subject matter expert on Single Screw Extrusion, Twin Screw Extrusion, Blown Film Processing, 3-D Printing, Thermoforming and Injection Molding. Chris also trained Graduate and Undergraduate students on the hands-on operation of Large scale plastic processing equipment and characterization equipment (Thermal Analysis and mechanical Inston), while at the University of Akron.
- Materials used for the Intrusion Molding Process - Recycled post-consumer plastics.
- Extruder, Auto Fill Carousel Molds, Auto Ejection Systems - Water Bath Cooling.
- Intrusion Molding Cost.
- Advantages of the Intrusion Molding Process.
- Disadvantages of the Intrusion Molding Process, in that the process is not suitable for thin walled or Intricate detailed products).
- Preventive Maintenance and Safety Precautions.
Applications of the Intrusion Molding Process
- Plastic Lumber products, from similar recycled plastics.
- Plastic Fence Post, from mixed recycled plastics.
Trouble Shooting and Resolving Intrusion Molding Problems or Issues
- What is Trouble-Shooting? – Note: Trouble- shooting is not Process Development or Process Scale-Up.
- Identification of the problems or Issues that can occur, with Intrusion Molding equipment.
- Finding the Best Approach to resolving Intrusion Molding Problems, or Issues.
Video Demonstration of an Operational Intrusion Molder
- Video Demonstration of an Operational Intrusion Molder