Assessment at The University of Akron
The University of Akron faculty regularly assess the quality of their academic programs by focusing on student outcomes with the intent of improving student learning. Each program crafts their assessment process to suit their goals and accreditation demands. More about assessment at UA.
- Annual Assessment Plan (Revised June 2018): PDF/Word
- Annual Assessment Report (Revised July 2018): PDF/Word
- Annual Assessment Report Rubric (Revised June 2018): PDF/Word
Request a Consult
Complete this form to request an assessment consult for your department or program:
Faculty Assessment Committee
Learn more about the UA Faculty Assessment Committee
Questions: Contact Michelle Byrne, x6062, email@example.com
Helpful Assessment Links
- Assessment Commons
- Assessment Update Newsletter: Current and Back Issues
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
- Article: "Reaffirming Assessment as a Meaning-Making Process"
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities VALUE Rubrics for General Education Assessment
- Calibration Protocol for Scoring Student Work
Co-curricular assessment refers to work done in Student Affairs and other non-academic units on campus. Professionals in these units are dedicated to the education, well-being, and success of University of Akron students and use assessment as a means to evaluate our work in these areas.
- Measuring Student Learning in the Co-Curricular: Developing an Assessment Plan for Student Affairs
- Assessing Learning in Co-Curricular Experiences
- Equity and Assessment: Moving Towards Culturally Responsive Assessment
Associate Professor of Composition & Technical Writing