Susan Burton Lowry
Dept/Program: CITe Advisory Board
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Professional & Academic Experience
Susan is an accomplished senior strategist with broad technical, process and internet marketing /digital agency experience.
A strategic planner with 8+ years in the business space and 10 additional years in the internet space, she has worked with Fortune 500 companies, small/medium businesses as well as non-profit organizations developing online marketing strategies and bringing them to life. Market experience includes CPG, Aerospace, Engineering, HVAC, Automotive Aftermarket, Tire & Rubber and Utility industry sectors.
She is experienced in web-based enterprise tools and platforms including CMS, LMS, eCRM, e-commerce, and marketing automaton; she has managed one of the Internet Top 400 e-commerce sites with P&L responsibility. Currently, she provides strategic online visibility consulting services along with Web Site Design/Development to clients that integrate traditional interactive solutions. She specializes in organic SEO/visibility, content strategies, social media strategies and web site conversion strategies. She also provides education and implementation of web site Analytics, reporting and interpretation.
In addition, she teaches and coaches clients on social media tools, best practices and policy development. She also speaks regularly on best practices relating to web site goal setting and web site KPI development including tracking measures for success.
- Board Member
- CITE (Center for IT and e-Business) Board member at the University of Akron
- Ohio RITE Board (Regional Information Technology Engagement): Outreach Committee Member
- Recent Past Roles
- Senior Digital Strategist, DigiKnow (Cleveland)
- Director, eLearning, Pulse Interactive (Akron)
- Senior Digital Consultant, Attevo (Cleveland)
- e-Marketing analyst
- e-Commerce analyst
- Google Analytics Individual Certification (pending)