Abbey Shiban, Ph.D.
Title: Senior Director, Academic Programs
Dept/Program: Undergraduate & Graduate Programs
Office: CBA 405
Phone: (330) 972-5109
- Ph.D. in Urban Education , Leadership and Lifelong Learning specialty - December 2013, Cleveland State University
- Master of Arts in Counseling, College Student Personnel emphasis, April 2001, Eastern Michigan University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, May 1999, The University of Toledo
Professional & Academic Experience
Summary of Duties:
- Primary responsibilities include all aspects of student admissions, registration, student records processing, scholarship awards, and graduation of undergraduate business students.
- Directs the daily advising operations of the Undergraduate Academic Advising Office.
- University of Akron, Assistant Director, Undergraduate Programs, College of Business Administration (2012-2016)
- Cleveland State University, Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Planning (2011-2012)
- Cleveland State University, Manager, Orientation and Family Services (2007-2011)
- Cleveland State University, Coordinator, Orientation and New Student Programming (2003-2007)
- Eastern Michigan University, Program Coordinator for New Student Orientation (2002-2003)
- Lithuania Christian College, Director of Leadership, Service and Orientation (2001-2002)
Spending time with family and friends, travelling.
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)