Jessica M. Toro, M.Ed.
Title: Academic Adviser II
Dept/Program: Undergraduate Programs
Office: CBA 279
- Master of Education, Higher Education Administration and Student Affairs, May 2021, Kent State University
- Graduate Certificate, Community College Leadership, May 2021, Kent State University
- Graduate Certificate, Career and Academic Advising, May 2021, Kent State University
- Bachelor of Business Administration with concentration in Human Resource Management, May 2019, Tiffin University
- Associates in Science in Business Administration, December 2016, Butler County Community College
Professional & Academic Experience
Summary of Duties
Jessica advises students regarding their academic, career, and personal goals. Jessica will discuss degree requirements, assist students in planning their class schedules, and connect students to resources and support services within the College of Business and across The University of Akron.
Jessica's prior experience has been working with the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) to improve transfer initiatives to advocate for large student populations, as well as working directly with non-traditional adult and transfer students one-on-one to discuss the transfer of credit.
Jessica has experience as a non-traditional transfer student. She graduated from Butler County Community College (BC3), prior to transferring to Tiffin University while juggling a full-time work and course schedule. Jessica graduated Summa Cum Laude from Tiffin University with a BBA in Human Resource Management and graduated with Delta Mu Delta Honors. Jessica completed her Master of Higher Education Administration and Student Affairs at Kent State University with two graduate certificates in Community College Leadership and Career and Academic Advising.
Jessica enjoys reading, writing, journaling, hiking, and spending time with her family and two dogs. She enjoys trying new food, is an avid tea drinker, and appreciates beautiful art and music.
On the side, Jessica can be found volunteering as a Committee Co-Chair on the Ohio Transfer Council, working at the Hudson Library, supporting Online Learning students at the community college, volunteering at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, participating in invasive plant removal and trail work at the Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP), and finding opportunities to connect in her community.