Lei Gao, Ph.D.
Dept/Program: GW Daverio School of Accountancy
- Ph.D, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Masters of Accounting and Information Systems, Virginia Tech
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, Tianjin University of Commerce
Professional & Academic Experience
- 2017 – Present, Assistant Professor, School of Accountancy, The university of Akron.
- 2013 – 2017, Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Accounting, Virginia Commonwealth University.
- 2011 – 2012, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Accounting and Information Systems, Virginia Tech.
- 2009 – 2010, Accountant, Wilmar International Limited, Tianjin, China.
Research Subject Areas
- Judgment and decision making in managerial accounting and financial accounting.
- Ethics and fraud.
- The role of technology in accounting information disclosure.
- "Whistleblowing Studies in Accounting Research: A Review of Experimental Studies on the Determinants of Whistleblowing" (with Alisa Brink) Journal of accounting Literature, 2017 38:1–13
- Graduate Dean's Scholar Award, Virginia Commonwealth University, May 2017
- AAA Deloitte J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, June 2016
- Doctoral Teaching Excellence Award, Virginia Commonwealth University, September 2016