Robert Malone, JD
Dept/Program: Department of Finance Advisory Board; GW Daverio School of Accountancy
- J.D., College of Law, Ohio State University, (1976)
- B.A., History, Mount Union College, (1973)
Rob serves as Chair of the Business Practice Group of Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs and is admitted to practice before the Ohio Bar. He is member of the American, Ohio State, and Akron Bar Associations. Rob is President of the Akron Bar Foundation, Trustee of the Akron Community Foundation, Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce, and Hiram College, as well as Board Member of Leadership Akron and Bluecoats, Inc.
Rob received his B.A., magna cum laude, at Mount Union College and his JD, summa cum laude, at The Ohio State University College of Law. He teaches Partnership Taxation in The University of Akron’s MTax Program.
Professional & Academic Experience
Professional & Academic Experience:
- Instructor at The University of Akron
- Masters of Tax Program
- College of Law
- Instructor for the American College of Financial Services
- Doolittle & Burroughs, A Legal Professional Association - 1976 to present
- Principal of the firm
- Chairman of the firm, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Chairman of the firm Library Committee
- "The Use of Short-Term Trusts in Conjunction with Interests in Oil or Gas Properties: A Practitioner's Guide" published in the University of Akron Law Review and the CCH Financial and Estate Planning Guide.
- "Tax Consequences of Purchases of Computer Hardware and Software" published in the University of Akron Tax Journal.