Richard W. Burke, JD
Dept/Program: GW Daverio School of Accountancy
- J.D., School of Law, University of Akron, (1983)
- B.A., Ohio State University, (1980)
Rick is recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Trusts and Estates. Rick counsels to the Firm’s clients in the areas of asset protection and taxation, business succession planning, estate planning, estate administration, healthcare, not-for-profit entities, probate litigation, and qualified plans and benefits law. He is a member of the American, Ohio State, as well as Akron Bar Associations. Among Rick’s professional honors and awards are his board memberships with Family Services of Summit County, Summa Health System Foundation, Access, Inc., and American Red Cross of Summit and Portage Counties.
Rick received his B.A. at The Ohio State University and his JD at The University of Akron School of Law. He teaches Estate Planning as well as Estate & Gift Taxation in The University of Akron’s MTax Program.
Professional & Academic Experience
- Brennan, Manna & Diamond, Attorney - 2003
- Fellow American College of Trust and Estates Counsel (ACTEC)
- Best Lawyers in America (Trusts & Estates) 1997 -present Ohio Super Layer (2004) -Cincinnati Magazine Adjunct Professor, The University of Akron, Masters in Taxation, teaching Estate and Gift Tax, and Estate Planning
- Northern Golf Charities (Member -Executive Committee)
- Access, Inc. (Member -Board of Directors, Vice President)
- Summa Health System Foundation (Member -Board of Directors)
- Family Services of Summit County (Distinguished Board Member)
- Certified Specialist Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Court -Ohio State Bar Association