Interdisciplinary MBA Program
The Interdisciplinary program allows you to select electives to suit your goals and may be outside of business. Graduate courses may be selected from among all CBA departments, other colleges on campus or transferred from another university with approval of the Director. Transfer courses must fall within the six-year time frame for program completion.
Most MBA courses are offered every semester unless otherwise noted.
Professional Courses * (6 credits)
Business Analytics and Information Strategy
Leading and Influencing
Negotiations in the Workplace
MBA Core Courses* (21 credits)
Foundations of Economic Analysis
Managing People in Organizations
Management of Supply Chains and Operations
International Business Environments
(offered Fall and Spring semesters)
*All core and Professional courses require Excel, writing and statistics proficiency prior to enrollment.
Integrative Course (3 credits)
Organizational Strategy (offered every semester)
(Restricted to Students graduating within two semesters)
Electives (6 credits)
Any six graduate elective credits, approved by the College of Business Administration or those approved by petition of the Director of Graduate Programs.
Total Program Requirements
- GMAT (score of 500 or better preferred) or GRE, LSAT, PCAT, or MCAT scores. Test waivers may be granted for students holding an advanced degree or those with three or more years of work experience beyond conferral of the bachelor's degree. Contact the Graduate Programs Office in the College of Business Administration for waiver request process.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- August 1 for Fall enrollment
- December 1 for Spring enrollment
- May 1 for Summer enrollment
International Student Applications
It is recommended that international students apply six weeks prior to these dates to allow time for admission and I-20 visa processing. I-20 forms are processed by UA Immigration Services in the International Center, Buchtel Hall. Proof of English Proficiency is required by producing an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS score.Students currently admitted to this program may have different course requirements than those listed here. Refer to your official Program Checklist and DPR in My Akron for your program requirements.