SUCCESS IS THE ONLY OPTION
LESSONS IN TEAMWORK
The University of Akron’s HR Advisory Board will present its seventh annual conference on Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021. This year’s conference will be simultaneously live and virtual in order to accommodate each attendee’s preference. This will give us an opportunity to expand our reach and at the same time accommodate those who choose not to attend in person for any reason. We will follow all health and safety guidelines provided by state and local authorities in conducting the conference.
- 7 a.m. - Doors Open
- 7:30 a.m. - Breakfast begins
- 8 a.m. - Program starts
- Noon - Program ends; box lunches for those who want to stay and continue networking
Early registration extended to Sept. 15!
- Students - free
- Sponsor / sponsor guest - included with sponsorship
- Other - $50 ($35 if registered before Sept. 15, 2021!)
Parking for Quaker Station is available at 124-162 East Mill Street and 123-161 East Mill Street with entrances at Quaker Square and on South Summit Street.
Rear Admiral Scott P. Moore, USN, Ret.
Having served 30 years as a SEAL leader, retired Rear Admiral Scott P. Moore is a master in organizational leadership and team building. His operational experience includes leading over 2,000 SEAL teams in missions across the globe. Moore’s stories of teamwork in life and death situations inspire others, while his insights on how to recruit, train and equip teams that exceed expectations rally success.
Join us as Scott Moore and our panel of top business leaders reveal their success stories of leading their teams. Moore’s insights prove he knows how to get things done and how to build a team that achieves objectives when failure is not an option. He shares stories about the most important factors—leadership, trust, and peak performance. Our panelists use real life examples of their lessons in leadership.
The University’s current guidelines require the wearing of masks or face coverings for all indoor events except when actively eating or drinking. We will communicate any changes to these guidelines if they are made. Please stay home if not feeling well or have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or had direct contact with an individual diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19.
- We will offer masks to those who may forget to bring theirs.
- We will provide hand sanitizer for your use.
- The tables and chairs will be spaced according to CDC guidelines.
- Food preparation and service will follow CDC guidelines.
- We need your help in practicing social distancing practices.
Our event provides for both in-person and virtual participation. Please contact Stephanie Baker at email@example.com if you need to change your attendance from in-person to virtual.
Special thanks to our sponsors
HR Advisory Board Mission
- Serve The University of Akron College of Business as a strategic partner and ambassador.
- Support business student success by providing scholarships and sharing of knowledge and experience.
- Promote The University of Akron College of Business as a thought leader, particularly in the areas of human resources and leadership.
- Additionally, provide educational forums to the local business community on timely and meaningful topics.