MRC Account Request and Training
Individuals needing access to MRC instrumentation must complete the following steps to obtain a user account.
1) Complete the appropriate User Account Request Form:
- Make sure you completely fill the form out online before printing.
- Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- DO NOT mark anything below the Administration USE Only line.
- EMPL. ID - This is your Employee or Student ID # found on the back of your Zipcard
- UANet ID - This is your University email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PIN number - This is used for swipe access to the labs (cannot start with zero)
- Users will receive account login ID and Password after training via email to their University of Akron e-mail account.
- Initial access is granted to the Mercury 300 and Inova 400 in KNCL 119.
2) Create a MRC Scheduling Account
- Visit the MRC Instrument Scheduling page and create a scheduling account on the Walkup Calendar,using your UAnet ID and your OWN UAnet password (This Password is only for the Web Calendar, NOT for instrument Login). USERS MUST LIST THEIR PHONE CONTACT when registering for access to the scheduling calendar.
- Follow the First-Time Calendar user instructions.
- Make sure to complete this step before your training session.
3) Attend a Training Session
- Please email Dr. Jessi Baughman to reserve a training slot. Training is held Mondays and Tuesdays at 9am and lasts about 45 minutes. Indicate in the email if you have a preference for Monday or Tuesday.
- Bring the completed and signed User Account Request form to your training session. Training will be denied for incomplete or missing forms.
- After the initial training session, users should practice with co-workers or at another training session until they are confident they can operate the instrument on their own.
4) Complete Training Exam
- Exams are scheduled at Mondays and Tuesdays and last about 15 minutes. You will need to request an exam via email and indicate any preference for weekday.
- You will be expected to bring a properly prepared NMR sample that you will manually lock and shim. You will then run a standard 1D experiment with the parameters given and produce a phased printout.
- Your NMR login and calendar account will be activated upon passing the exam.
- The exam will be rescheduled for 1 week if you fail. Failing a second time will require re-attending a training session before the exam can be taken again.
5) Advanced NMR Training on high-field instruments
- Users requiring advanced training for Solution-State NMR should contact Dr. Venkat Dudipala KNCL 132c.