Student Academic Success
Preparing UA students to achieve their personal and academic goals with an array of academic support services.
Developmental Programs subscribes to the goals established by the National Association of Developmental Education. These goals are:
- To preserve and make possible educational opportunity for each post-secondary learner.
- To develop in each learner the skills and attitudes necessary for the attainment of academic, career, and life goals.
- To ensure proper placement by assessing each learner’s level of preparedness for college course work.
- To maintain academic standards by enabling learners to acquire the competencies needed for success in mainstream college courses.
- To enhance the retention of students.
- To promote the continued development and application of cognitive and affective learning theory.
Contact Developmental Programs
Mr. Andrew Richardson
Coordinator, Tutorial Services
Office: Polsky 305