UA Career Services
At the University's Career Services in the Student Union, you can find valuable information regarding career opportunities. Career Services offers many services to help students and recent graduates secure competitive career opportunities. These services include:
- What can I do with a major in English?
- UA Career Fairs
- Career Link, UA's free database with job and internship openings — updated daily!
- Interviewing preparation
- All career services available for students and alumni
- Graduate and professional school application assistance
Internships for English Majors
All English majors are encouraged to participate in an internship through the Career Center. Each year over 200 internships with local sponsors are offered as a way to help English majors prepare for the job market.
Previous internships have provided students with experience in:
- Website design
- Newsletter writing
- Fund raising
- Public relations
- Newspaper/Magazine reporting
Be sure to keep in contact with your English Department adviser, Dr. Mary Biddinger.