The 200+ members of the University's marching band perform on Coleman Common at the center of campus.
The Akron Guarantee Scholarship for transfer students
If you are an entering, domestic transfer student, and you are pursuing a bachelor's degree, you may receive the Akron Guarantee Scholarship for up to six consecutive fall and spring semesters — OR — until a bachelor’s degree is conferred — whichever comes first.
Who is eligible?
- You are eligible if you wish to transfer to The University of Akron with at least 12 semester credit hours, but not more than 90 semester credit hours, from another regionally accredited college or university and if you have achieved a minimum cumulative college grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- You are eligible if you previously attended UA, you are returning as a transfer student, and you otherwise meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must be enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s program on our Main Campus and continue in good academic standing.
Your initial award will be determined by your college GPA:
- A GPA of 3.5 or higher earns an award of $2,000
- A GPA of 3.25 to 3.49 earns an award of $1,500
- A GPA of 3.0 to 3.249 earns an award of $1,000
Your scholarship increases as you earn credits
At the end of the academic year, your progress will be evaluated to determine an increase in your scholarship.
Increases will occur once a year at the end of the spring semester, based on the number of credit hours earned, including transfer credits.
|Total credits earned (UA and transfer credits)||Increase|
|When you earn between 30-59 credit hours||$1,500|
|When you earn between 60-89 credit hours||$1,000|
|When you earn 90 or more credit hours||$1,000|
|When do you want to start?||Submit your application by:||Submit your transcript, application fee and other required items by this date:||Pay the $145 confirmation fee by this date:|
|Spring semester (January)||Nov. 15||Dec. 1||Dec. 15|
|Summer (June)||April 15||May 1||May 15|
|Fall semester (August)||June 15||July 1||July 15|
Bhutanese Community Scholarship
► Submit the Bhutanese Community Scholarship by May 1.
Beginning fall 2018, The University of Akron will provide scholarships for students who are Bhutanese refugees. Students may apply by completing the Bhutanese Community Scholarship application, which includes an essay detailing their Bhutanese heritage, community activities, and higher education goals. A total of eight scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 will be awarded for the academic year. Students may reapply for this scholarship each year as funds are available.
Applications may be submitted to the Office of Student Financial Aid by fax to 330-972-7139 or in person to Simmons Hall Room 202. The deadline to submit an application is May 1 for the upcoming academic year.