Original transcripts/diplomas or certified true copies from all universities, professional schools, and/or colleges previously attended (or currently attending) must be submitted to The University of Akron's Graduate School. If the institution is not English speaking, the transcripts must also accompany an exact certified English translation. Certified true copies must bear the original stamp and signature of the appropriate school official.
Official transcripts from all U.S. universities/colleges attended (or currently attending) must be submitted to The University of Akron's Graduate School. As in the case of international transcripts, certified copies will not be accepted.
Applicants must submit supporting documentation for all prior degrees awarded and/or expected to earn before attending The University of Akron. The same standards of authenticity as those used for transcripts apply.
In most instances, degrees awarded from U.S. institutions are reflected on the transcript. However, if your transcript reflects final grades, yet does not provide proof of the degree earned, please provide a copy of your diploma or a letter of completion from the Registrar's Office.
The University of Akron requires official academic transcripts of your academic history in the original language along with a copy of your diploma.
What is an Official Transcript?
An official document is:
- Provided by the secondary school, college, or university where you completed your degree or course work.
- Received by the Graduate School in a sealed envelope mailed directly from the issuing institution.
- Issued in the original language of the institution. If the original language is not in English, a certified translated copy must also be included.
An official document is NOT:
- An email attachment from your or a family member (i.e., anyone outside of the issuing institution)
- A photocopy of a document in your possession
- A document that you deliver or mail in an unsealed envelope
- A translation of a document
- A document authorized by an official notary or government office