THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
The University of Akron’s Graduate School offers advanced degrees in liberal arts, the sciences and various professional fields.
Information for currently enrolled graduate students.
NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
Congratulations on your acceptance! What to do next.
FACULTY & STAFF
Dates and deadlines
- Jan. 14 - Spring classes begin
- Jan. 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (University closed)
- Jan. 27 - Last day to add a class for Spring 2019
- Feb. 19 - Presidents Day (Classes canceled)
- Mar. 3 - Last day to drop a class for Spring 2019
- Mar. 25-31 - Spring recess
- Apr. 1 - Graduation application due
- Apr. 19 - Final thesis and dissertation deadline
- May 6-12 - Final examination period
- May 10-12 - Commencement
Inside the school
The Graduate School
Leigh Hall, Room 515
Akron, Ohio 44325-2101
Phone: (330) 972-7663
Fax: (330) 972-6475
The advantages of living and studying in Akron.