THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
The University of Akron’s Graduate School offers advanced degrees in liberal arts, the sciences and various professional fields.
Information for currently enrolled graduate students.
NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
Congratulations on your acceptance! What to do next.
FACULTY & STAFF
Dates and deadlines
- May 20 - Intersession and 8-week I classes begin
- May 27 - Memorial Day (University closed)
- May 28 - Last day to withdraw from an Intersession class
- June 10 - 5-week I and 8-week II classes begin
- June 14 - Last day to withdraw from an 8-week I class
- June 25 - Last day to withdraw from a 5-week I class
- July 1 - Graduation application due
- July 4 - Independence Day (University closed)
- July 5 - Last day to withdraw from an 8-week II class
- July 15 - 5-week II classes begin
- July 30 - Last day to withdraw from a 5-week II class
- Aug. 2 - Final thesis/dissertation deadline
Inside the school
The Graduate School
Leigh Hall, Room 515
Akron, Ohio 44325-2101
Phone: (330) 972-7663
Fax: (330) 972-6475
The advantages of living and studying in Akron.