Learning Outcomes for 3450:341 Geometry and Measurement
By the end of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- Communicate mathematical results through the proper use of mathematical notation and words.
- Understand whether a definition is correct, whether two definitions are equivalent, and whether something satisfies a definition.
- Understand the logical structure of Euclidean geometry.
- Understand and construct proofs.
- Perform compass and straight edge constructions.
- Use dynamic geometry software for constructing figures and investigating conjectures.
- Topical Outline
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Perimeters and Areas of Plane Figures
- Surface Areas and Volumes of Solids