Online degrees and courses
The University of Akron offers accredited online degrees and certificates, taught by the same high-quality faculty who teach classes on campus. View all university online degrees, including online master’s degrees:
Verify authorization to enroll based on your state of residence
UA is authorized to deliver online courses and programs to residents of Ohio and most states. If you live outside of Ohio, check this page to verify the status of your state!
Complete the admissions process
If you are not a student at UA, choose one of these options to enroll today:
- Complete the undergraduate admissions process if you are currently enrolled in high school, a post-secondary program, or are starting college for the first time.
- Complete the graduate admissions process if you already have a bachelor's and are interested in obtaining a master's degree or graduate certificate.
- Contact UA Business Solutions (formerly Workforce Development & Continuing Education) if you are interested in online courses and not seeking a degree.
- Complete the transfer student admissions process if you have attempted 12 or more hours of college level coursework.
Register for classes
After you have been admitted and you have received your student ID number, UANet ID, and your password; you can use My Akron to search for, select, and register for classes.
Review the deadlines for financial aid and tuition payment.
Why choose Akron?
Our online courses deliver the same quality content as face-to-face courses while using technologically advanced methods and providing a high level of interaction with your instructor and classmates.
Educational support services
Online doesn't mean on your own.
As an online student, you have access to all the resources available to all students, including advising, career services, our library (with vast online assets), tutoring, financial aid and help-desk support. Full list.
To help make you comfortable with our online learning environment, we've developed a special orientation.
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Undergraduate Transfer Admissions
- Military Services Center
- Adult Focus (academic services for adult students)
- Undergraduate majors at UA
- Colleges and schools at UA
Striving to make online easier for more students
The University of Akron has been approved by Ohio to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is an agreement among member states that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.