Academic Information Session
English focuses on the human condition through careful study of language and literature.
- Comprehensive curriculum offers a wide range of courses in literature, writing and linguistics
- Develop valuable skills in critical thinking, analysis and communication
- Minors available in:
A degree in English serves well as a preprofessional degree for students interested in law, public administration and business.
The Department of English, in cooperation with other departments, offers interdisciplinary certificates in:
- Linguistic Studies
- Professional Communication
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- are innovative and interactive
On-campus outlets for student writing and expression include:
- Rubbertop Review, a literary magazine
- The Literary Guild
- The Buchtelite (student newspaper)
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.