JD/MSA Waiver Exams
Waiver exams are available for the following foundation course in the JD/MSA program:
- 6200:601 Financial Accounting
- 6400:602 Managerial Finance
They are provided as a courtesy to graduate students admitted to our programs and give students an opportunity to document their knowledge of the basic areas within the foundation-level courses. They are offered at various times throughout the year.
Typically, a student who is a practicing CPA can expect to have all of the foundation courses in the Master of Accountancy program waived.
In order to take a waiver exam, you must meet the requirements below and follow all waiver exam procedures.
- You must be admitted to the JD/MSA program.
- We do not permit applicants to take waiver exams. You must be admitted to a program to take waiver exams.
- Waiver exams are not available to students who are in non-degree programs of study or in graduate certificate programs.
- You must have taken at least one graduate-level business class in the JD/MSA program prior to taking a waiver exam.
- You must register to take the exam at least two weeks prior to the date of the exam. You must also pay a $100 fee per waiver exam at least one week prior to the exam date.