Academic Eligibility Requirements
1. Meet with your CBA Academic Advisor to review eligibility and timing of the internship.
2. Contact the CBA Internship Coordinator, Amy Faul, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in finding an internship.
Cooperative Education Requirements
- An undergraduate student, accepted into a major within the College of Business Administration.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.3 at the University and completed at least one semester at UA.
- Accepted into a major within the CBA and the below criteria:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Completed or enrolled in Accounting Systems and Internal Control (6200:320) and Financial Reporting and Analysis I (6200:321).
- Grade of B or better in 6200:201 (Principles of Accounting I) and 6200:202 (Principles of Accounting II).
- Passing score (70%) on the School of Accountancy’s Pre-Internship Achievement Test (PAT).
--OR-- By permission of the Accounting Department Chair.
The PAT is a 40-item multiple choice test that primarily covers content from 6200:201 (Accounting Principles I). Administered by UA Computer Based Testing, during regular office hours. If students do not complete the PAT during 6200:321, they will need permission of the Accounting Department Chair.
Business Administration Majors
- Minimum 2.5 GPA and completed a minimum of six hours (2 courses) in the Business Administration major (6*00:3**/4**).
- Minimum 2.5 GPA. Completed Corporate Finance (6400:301) or Corporate Financial Management (6400:310) and Spreadsheet Modeling and Decision Analysis (6200:250).
- Minimum 2.5 GPA. Completed Management Principles and Concepts (6500:301) and a minimum of six additional hours (2 courses) in the Management major (6500).
Marketing, Sales and IMC Majors
- Minimum 2.5 GPA, completed Marketing Principles (6600:205), a minimum of six additional hours in Marketing earning a minimum GPA of 2.7 in the major.
International Business Majors
- Minimum 2.5 GPA, Completed a minimum of 2 IB courses plus six additional hours ( 2 classes) of business courses.
- No minimum GPA. Completed at least 15 credit hours of Economics courses and submit a 2-page internship proposal (provided by the Economics Department). Internship course is 1-3 credit hours.
Please note: Alumni, short-term foreign exchange students and Post-Baccalaureate students in a non-degree program, are not eligible for co-op or internship courses.