Growing Business Communication Skills at the College of Business Administration
Your words matter.
Every survey of business professionals places communication at the top of the most important skills a person needs in business. To help College of Business Administration (CBA) students develop and hone this important skill, the CBA has staff to offer
- One-on-one appointments for UA students.
- Business Communication Workshops
- Online resources
- Online documents
- Online tutorials
- A Your Words Matter designation program for students to create polished e-portfolios to share with potential employers
Online Student Resources
Each semester, current CBA students have access to a Communication Resources site on an internal platform for easier access to numerous communication resources.
Some of the materials developed for students include:
- Navigating Corporate America
- Three Keys to Effective Communication
- How to Write Executive Summaries
- Create Your Elevator Pitch
- How to Create Effective Explanations
- How to Avoid Plagiarism
- Write Emails the Right Way
- It's All Greek to Me
- Ingredients for Great Presentations
- Developing Your Resume
- Developing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Interview