Plan your visit!
The National Museum of Psychology and the Institute galleries will be closed to the public until further notice due to the current health crisis.
For updated information from The University of Akron, visit https://www.uakron.edu/healthservices/news/.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Admission (includes entry to the Institute for Human Science and Culture galleries)
- $10 - Adults
- $5 - College ID & Children (under 18)
- $20 - Family
- $5/person - Groups of 10+
- $3/person - Museums for All program (click for details)
- Free - University of Akron students, staff, & faculty (with valid ID)
- Free - with a military ID card or veteran ID card
Museum phone: 330-972-5457
73 S. College Street, Akron, Ohio 44325-4302
The National Museum of Psychology welcomes groups and classes. The Museum is self-guided, but please contact us to schedule a group visit.
Interested in an onsite activity? Check out this scavenger hunt.
Free parking is available in the lot adjacent to the building. Visitors can also park in Lot 30 at the corner of College and Market streets. Metered parking is available along South College Street.
A wheelchair accessible ramp is located on the northeast side of the building, near the main entrance. The museum is housed on the ground floor, and an interior elevator provides access to the Institute galleries, located on the fourth floor. A wheelchair is also kept on-site and is available for loan to those visiting the museum and archives.
For more information, see our accessibility page.
In the media