College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
For more than 100 years students and faculty from around the world have been coming to The University of Akron to focus on polymer research and education. Formally established in 1988, The College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering’s tradition as a leader in polymer science and polymer engineering began as early as 1910 when rubber chemistry was taught at the University. Establishing the Ph.D. program in Polymer Chemistry in 1964, the Department of Polymer Science in 1967, and the Department of Polymer Engineering in 1984, the College continues to focus on polymer innovations and applications of research in science, technology, engineering and medicine today. Learn more about what the College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering has done and continues to do to make great strides in research and industry partnerships.
- Polymer College hosts Science Day at UA
- Polymer Outreach hosts Science Olympiad and hundreds of local students
- Marcos Pantoja awarded Chatterjee Travel Award
- March Safety Focus: Emergency Eye Wash and Safety Showers (Video Demos by CPSPE Safety Officer)
- Snake-like locomotion has many applications for robots [Video]