FINANCIAL AID FOR ARTS ADMINISTRATION
Each year approximately ten graduate students in Arts Administration are awarded Graduate Assistantships. Graduate Assistantships pay tuition of up to 15 hours per semester and a cash living stipend.
Graduate Assistants are required to work 20 hours a week on campus. These work assignments provide graduate students hands-on experience in arts administration, most often in the following Schools:
- School of Dance, Theatre, and Arts Administration
- Myers School of Art
- School of Music
Graduate Assistants gain practical and educational work experience in a variety of roles such as:
- Dance and Theatre Administration
- Music Event Administration
- Arts Office Management
- Art Gallery Curation and Art Library Administration
- Teaching Assistants / Production Assistants
- Box Office Management / House Management
- Social Media and Website Management
- Graphic Design
Graduate Assistants must maintain a course load of no fewer than nine hours during a semester and must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0). Students meeting these requirements may apply for the second year of aid as a Graduate Assistant.
Apply for a Graduate Assistantship
To apply for a Graduate Assistantship:
- Submit an application from the UA Graduate School website.
- On your UA Graduate School application, select you are interested in an assistantship;
- Download, complete, and submit the Assistantship Application form provided at The Graduate School - Prospective Students.
Be sure to follow the instructions on the form.
Deadline for Application
Graduate Assistantship applications must be completed by March 1.
To read more about application and admission to the UA Arts Administration Graduate program, click below.
Additional Sources of Financial Aid
Options for financial aid, including student employment and loans, are offered through the Office of Student Financial Aid and the Graduate School at The University of Akron.
Office of Student Financial Aid
On the Office of Student Financial Aid website, explore the "Types of Aid" section (located on the right-hand side, near the top of their home page). Under each tab, options are available specific to graduate students.
Graduate School at The University of Akron
The Graduate School website offers detailed information under the "Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid" section.