U-ADEPT Testing Schedule & Registration
Schedule of testing
Regular sessions are usually scheduled:
- Once a week each Fall semester beginning in October
- Once a week each Spring semester beginning in February.
- During the summer sessions
- In August, the week before classes begin for the Fall semester
Reserve a time slot
To find out specific times for test sessions contact Sherri Niesz in the English Language Institute office at 330-972-7544. If the test schedule has not yet been determined, we will get your contact information and put you on a waiting list.
Please call well in advance of when you need the test to ensure that you can reserve a time slot.
How to register for the U-ADEPT
Fill out this form, print it off and bring it with you when you come to take the test. Be sure to answer all of the questions completely. Be prepared to pay the $125 fee for the test when you register.
Canceling and Rescheduling Your Test
If you must cancel your test, please let the ELI know as soon as possible. Call 330-972-7544 or e-mail email@example.com. If you would like to re-schedule for another date, every effort will be made to test you as soon as possible.
If you decide not to reschedule the test, your payment will be refunded to you.
Retaking the U-ADEPT: Scheduling a Second Administration
If you do not earn a passing score on the U-ADEPT, this indicates that you need more exposure to English and more time to acquire a higher level of speaking proficiency. For this reason, you will not be able to schedule another testing session for six months. The six-month interval will give you time to improve your skills.
How to make a payment:
The U-Adept testing fee is $125.
Please note: You must first complete the testing registration form and submit it before paying the test fee.
The fee can be paid in one of three ways.
- Go to our secure checkout page to securely pay for your testing fees
- Send in a check or money order payable to: The University of Akron/English Language Institute
- Your Graduate Department will pay.
- Note: Your department must contact the ELI and arrange for this payment BEFORE you take the test. We cannot give you the test unless we have confirmation of payment from your department.
Before your test
- Before your test, read the information for test takers so that you know what to expect on test day.
- On your test day, go to Olin Hall, Room 302. Be sure to arrive on time and to bring
- Your registration form
- Copies of any TSE scores that you have
- A photo ID
- Any materials that you need for your teaching simulation