Institute for Teaching and Learning
Supporting Faculty | Improving Teaching | Enhancing Learning
The University of Akron’s Institute for Teaching and Learning’s mission is to support faculty by focusing on improving teaching and enhancing student learning. We offer workshops, information sessions, and training related to professional development, general education, student learning assessment, course design and development, and implementation of technology to enhance teaching.
Workshops and Events: See what's on the schedule
The Digital RTP and NTT Evaluation
The RTP and NTT evaluation process will be completed electronically. Faculty will submit their files via MS Teams.
Candidates: Below are some resources that will be helpful in setting up your MS Team, adding content and submitting your dossier.
- AY 2022-2023 RTP and NTT Evaluation Timeline
- Preparing RTP or NTT Evaluation Files - Presentation Slides
- Preparing RTP or NTT Evaluation Files - Workshop Recording
- Advice for preparing for RTP and NTT Evaluation
- RTP Team Creation Instructions (2022)
- NTT Evaluation Team Creation Instructions (2022)
- Retention, Promotion and Tenure guidelines
- Non-Tenure Track Reappointment and Promotion guidelines
Information on MS Teams and Adobe Acrobat
Others involved in the RTP and NTT Evaluation process: The following are resources about accessing the dossiers and holding meetings on MS Teams.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to to request a virtual or in-person consultation.
Check out information and recordings of some of our previous workshops.
Resources for Online Teaching
Check out the UA Teaching Community on Brightspace for more information, guidance, and resources.
The Faculty Senate Accessibility Committee recommends these actions to improve online learning for students with disabilities.
New Faculty Orientation
- All new faculty have been enrolled in an online orientation course. To access this, log in to Brightspace using your UANet ID and password. In My Courses, you will see the tile for New Faculty Orientation. Click the New Faculty Orientation link to access the orientation materials. If you require assistance logging into the course, please contact email@example.com.
- SelectedWorks: Upload your CV
ITL Annual Reports
ITL Annual Report 2020-2021
ITL Annual Report 2019-2020
ITL Annual Report 2018-2019
ITL Annual Report 2017-2018
Leigh Hall, Room 412
308 Buchtel Commons
Akron, OH 44304
Janet Bean, Director, ext. 6462